In the era of automation, it's astonishing to see how some companies are still facing massive losses just because they refused to accept the technological advances. There are so many job profiles which wouldn't exist in your firm if you focused on automation. After an initial set-up cost, you can save a significant sum of money spent on employees and even minimize the chances of error.
On the same line of thought, applicant tracking systems were developed. These software applications can automate the hiring process in your company. According to Talentrackr, these can handle everything from picking up resumes from the available job pool, shortlisting the resumes by your requirements, communicate with the candidates on a timely basis and keep the entire database updated all the time.
Major Fortune-500 companies have already moved on to applicant tracking systems, but it seems like small businesses are still skeptical about this approach. Here's why you should not be!
- Reduced hiring time: One of the major concerns of a small business is that you hire someone only when you're in need of that candidate. You don't have that huge number of employees on desk jobs waiting for a project. You get the project, you bring in the new candidates required for the task right then and start working. Reducing the time taken for hiring process is crucial in such a scenario.
- The reduced need for manpower: Thinking on the same lines, we must accept the fact that small businesses work on limited manpower. The number of employees is less as compared to large enterprises. Wouldn't it be great if automation can help you reduce that number further? Instead of an HR team of say 10, you'll barely need half. Wouldn't that be beneficial for your business in the long run?
- Handle a lot of applications quickly: An HR team spends its large chunk of time in acquiring the resumes. Nowadays, we have job portals, social sites like Linkedin and direct applications. With so many applications coming in (the average number of applications per job opportunity are 250 in a very average small business), it gets difficult to acquire and sort all these. Hence, you'll not only face the need of more people in your HR staff, but they'll also be overworked.
- Thin the qualified candidate pool: Say that you have a job opportunity for which you have a minimum qualification requirement. There’s simply no reason why your HR team or you should be going through every resume to check that the candidate meets the minimum requirement or not.
- Stay connected with the candidate during the process: As much as 58% of candidates with poor experience with companies is because of the inconsistencies in the hiring process. Lack of communication is the primary reason why candidates feel disconnected and eventually reject your job offer. Using applicant tracking systems, you can use automated emails to stay in touch with these candidates and allow a better communication process.
These are just the five MUST know reasons why your small business should consider applicant tracking systems. Apart from these, ability to save money, do more in less time, reduce the chances of error and quicken the entire process are even more convincing reasons why should give a thought about them.
Clueless about where to begin searching for such systems? Start with Talentrackr, claiming to be one-of-the-best systems available in its line that comes loaded with powerful features with affordability and versatility.